This new workshop presented by Suzanne Clothier offers practical tools for finding the appropriate path to
better dog/human relationships. As always, Suzanne's work focuses on keeping the relationship central,
respecting the individual dog and human, and aiming for a mutually satisfying connection.
Suzanne will be using selected case history dogs (and their handlers!) to help attendees learn how to assess
behavior, training & performance issues. While these are complex challenges to unravel, Suzanne's approach is
based in simple Decision Points to guide choices for each dog and handler.
Emphasis will be placed on
- Observation skills - really seeing the dog and handler in detailed ways opens a world of understanding
- The geometry of body language - simple shape recognition deciphers critical meta-messages
- The Elemental Questions - questions and answers that reveal the dog as an individual
- The Think & Learn Zone - why arousal matters, why Goldilocks was right, and what to do about sticky
- Yes/No/Maybe So? - Using Decision Points and flow charts
- Transitions & Thresholds - Tipping points and finding the balance
- Volitional Behavior & Postures - what your dog can tell you about his internal state