Dr. Chris Zink is a renowned expert on understanding the canine athlete. As a consultant on canine sports medicine, she evaluates canine structure and locomotion and designs individualized retraining and conditioning programs for canine athletes. She is also the award-winning author of "Peak Performance: Coaching the Canine Athlete."
This two-day seminar features how to look at agility obstacles from a dog's point of view and how to match your dog's structure to agility obstacle performance. Much time will be spent on jumping:
- the biomechanics of jumping;
- training from puppies to adults;
- special jumping techniques for agility and/or obedience dogs;
- and jumping problems - what causes them and how to fix them.
Additional topics include:
- "Picking a Performance Puppy" - looking at structure, temperament, and gender with 9-10 week old puppies in demonstrations;
- "First Aid Tips and Tricks for the Canine Athlete;"
- "Keeping Old Dogs Young."
Further information and a registration form are available on our club website - www.aadtc.org